Unlike most of our competitors, our Career Management Programme is not ‘off the shelf’. Its flexibility extends into agreeing on the preferred pace and intensity of the chosen programme. The programme content will draw upon the following modules:
- Are you suitable for self-employment or running your own business?
- Can you sell?
- How do you respond to setbacks?
- Do you have a good business idea?
- Define your business idea. What is your USP?
- Define your market and route to market
- How to price your product?
- What is your competition?
- Develop a business plan
- Specify your funding requirements – how to raise finance
- Design your marketing strategy
- Put in place your operational processes
- How to set up VAT and PAYE
- Do I need an accountant and a lawyer?
We will conduct an in-depth psychometric analysis of motivation, values and beliefs, aptitudes, occupational interests and personality traits to quantify your individual preferences, strengths and weaknesses.
2. Career Counselling:
A 2-hour one-on-one session with a fully qualified Occupational Psychologist reviewing your psychometric results, your personal and career history to date, your personal practical circumstances and your hopes for the future. The goal is to decide what you will aim for in the next stage of your career.
A comprehensive personal report will be produced for you detailing the results of your psychometrics and the implications and recommendations for you going forward. At this stage, you will have a better sense of the direction you wish to take. With a clearer idea of where you are going the next step is to map out how to get there.
- Planning the campaign
- A detailed discussion of the career options
- Set the objectives for the future
- Identify the various routes into the job market (e.g. unadvertised and advertised roles, networking, the right recruitment consultants, etc)
- Identify target companies and specific roles
- Preparing, launching and monitoring the campaign
- Review ‘homework’ and establish goals for the campaign
- Write CV – A CV will be produced aimed directly at specific job applications
- Produce approach letters
- Complete applications
- Develop further options as required
Interview techniques: one to one coaching sessions using role play to develop skills for effective interviews:
- Body language
- Follow up
- Telephone skills
- Panel interviews