Our careers advice process starts with psychometric tests. These are cleverly designed to give our careers advisors all the information they need to build a holistic profile of you.
The questionnaires cover the important factors you need to consider when choosing the right career for you:
- Your interests! If we can find something you are really interested in, you are far more likely to enjoy your work and succeed.
- Which career would suit your personality. What is the right kind of role for you? The right environment for you to be working in?
- Your values and beliefs? Some people have strongly held beliefs that would prevent them working in some careers. For others it’s a motivating force towards working in certain careers.
- Aptitudes! What are your strengths and weaknesses. What are you good at? And not so good at?
- Practicalities! What is practical for you? We need to take into account practical factors. Family commitments, financial needs and health issues are all relevant to your career choice. Also your educational achievements and career history to date.
Most of the questionnaires are multiple choice so you just need to tick a box. In many cases there are no right or wrong answers; there’s just what you think and believe. That is what we are trying to find out. The psychometric tests are designed to help your career advisor understand who YOU are. Once we know this, we can advise you on the best career path for you.
Over the last 50+ years, our careers advice programmes have helped tens of thousands of people discover their perfect career. To find out more, contact us on 0800 999 7778